Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What's for dinner?

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner everyday is one of my most disliked jobs of being a mom & housewife. Half the time I forget to take meat out of the freezer in time so I'm defrosting it in the microwave (which is happening right now!) and the other half of the time I don't have all the ingredients on hand. When I was meal planning a month at a time, it made things so much easier! But I've obviously gotten lazy since then. So thanks to Pinterest, I've found a few blogs that have make ahead freezer meals on them. This seems like such a great idea!! One day of prepping and cooking (or no cooking for slow cooker meals!) & I should have lots of easy (non processed) meals in the freezer. Here's links to a couple blogs that had some great ideas on them - Mama and Baby Love & Ring Around the Rosies.

Tonight, Epicure's square silicone steamer is saving dinner! This steamer works even better than I had expected it would when I bought it. I'm so paranoid when cooking chicken but it cooked perfectly in here! It was still moist and juicy, but cooked completely through, unlike when I cook chicken and it's always so dried out. What's one of your favourite kitchen gadgets to make life easier?

Normally, Wednesday evening is yoga night for me. For those of you haven't tried yoga yet, do it!!! As much as I would love to be someone who loves working out - I'm not. But honestly I'm in love with yoga. It's a great workout but it does so much for me mentally and emotionally as well. It is definitely my happy spot after a stressful day. Just try it! But unfortunately hubby is going to be late tonight, so I'll have to try for another night.

OH and how could I forget?! My diapers have been reviewed by Lindsey at So Easy Being Green & there's a giveaway too!!! Head on over there to show her some love and enter to win a Spoiled Bottom of your choice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment