Friday, June 8, 2012

Routines for moms?

Alright, so I'm a HUGE believer in routines for babies and children. I believe they thrive being on a sleep schedule and they are much happier. Now what about adults?

I am really not a morning person & I never have been. In fact, when I was a teenager my mom wouldn't even talk to me in the mornings, lol. She knew better!! Oh god what I have to look forward to when both my girls are teenagers. Pay back maybe??

So the last little while, I've been trying to get myself onto a sleep schedule. Going to bed by 10/1030 and waking up around 630. I have to set my alarm because I won't wake up on my own. That's 8 hours of sleep so that should be enough right? I do find when I wake up earlier, my days go alot smoother. I have that quiet time in the morning to get myself together. I wake up, make coffee, eat breakfast, and just enjoy the quiet before the storm. I keep trying to convince myself to do yoga in the mornings, but as much as I LOVE yoga I have a hard time motivating myself unless I'm in a class. Maybe once it's always sunny in the morning, I'll convince myself to get out on the deck and do some sun salutations (my favs!). But I've been slacking with getting up. It's way to comfortable sleeping until the girls wake me up!

It's already almost 10:30 and I'm still sitting at the computer, working. Maybe I'll get myself back on a schedule after the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment