Monday, June 11, 2012

Baking in the rain


Yesterday was a cold, miserable, rainy day. Perfect for baking!! So Miss H & I figured while Miss B was sleeping we would use up the frozen bananas in the freezer and make banana bread. Yum!

Of course, I had to call my mom for her banana bread recipe, which I do every time I make banana bread, lol. And then of course I was 1 egg short and didn't have enough butter. Not such a great start.  This is one of those times I'm very greatful to have my parents live by. Mom sent Dad over with my missing ingredients so we could get started (hubby was working).


Banana Bread Recipe
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup of bananas (we used 4 small bananas)
1 3/4 cup flour (we used whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (we didn't add any salt)


Must have a taste!
 First we creamed together the butter and sugar, then added the eggs and bananas and mixed until combined. Then we added all of the dry ingredients to our mixture. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Pour your mixture into a greased loaf pan & bake for approximately 1 hour (or until a tooth pick inserted into your bread comes out dry). We ended up putting ours in for an extra 3 minutes and it came out perfect! Infact it was so good that it's almost gone already!!

Before the oven


All finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment